Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two-color linocut (updated)

I'm working on a 2-color linocut print using the reduction process.



The image is first drawn, photocopied and transfered to the linoneum sheet. Then I cut out the white area and print the first (the lighter) color.



Here are the prints hanging on my make-shift drying rack after the first color is printed!



Now I cut out the area where I only want the first color (the brown area) to appear.



Before printing the second color (black), I made sure the lino sheet is aligned with the registration marks I made on the piece of cardboard which I used as a base template before the first color was printed.



Slowly I peeled off the print...





And here's the finished pieces hanging out to dry!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails